About Us

 

A Brief History  

The Belanger-Bullard Funeral Home was built by Samuel Williams in 1870 as a private estate for his family.  Since 1854, Mr. Williams had been serving the community as a furniture maker and undertaker from a store front located down the street from his residence.  In 1947, he moved his store front business to his private estate at 51 Marcy Street; thus, creating the Williams Funeral Home.

 The Williams family ran the funeral home until the 1970s when Robert Bullard purchased the business and became the new owner.  Mr. Bullard made several capital improvements to the funeral home, including handicap accessibility to the front door.

 In 1993, William “Bill” Belanger, acquired ownership of the business.  Bill has also made several capital improvements including renovating the funeral home, re-landscaping the grounds and adding a parking lot.  

Come and take a look at our facilities.

Commitment to Service

Since the day of Samuel Williams, the commitment of every owner has been to uphold the highest standards of service to our families. Bill Belanger believes in the same policy, and is an innovator of new ways to create better service for our families. Since the death of a loved one is one of the hardest events for a family to cope with, Bill Belanger employs a respectful and caring staff that works with him to create ease, and a less stressful environment for a family in their time of need. No matter what type of service the family chooses, each family, and their loved one, is treated with respect and dignity.